Top 10 Toaster Ovens
Toaster ovens have come a long way in terms of design and functionality and can save you a lot time and energy in the kitchen, weather you want to reheat, broil, bake, and toast. These toasters ovens will make the days you used to pre-heat the traditional oven and send your energy bill through the roof a thing of the past.
- Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
When price is not an issue and you need something that is a masterful blend of style and function, then this model will surely suit your needs. It has an Element IQ system that “knows” how much heat your meal needs and “remembers” it for next time. This oven is also ideal for slow roasting an appetizing turkey dinner, which can easily fit due to its Dutch oven capacity. Other useful features include a changeable oven light for checking on your meal.
- Element IQ controls heat distribution
- Perfect for big meals that need to be slow roasted
- Replaceable oven light
- Very expensive
- Not very durable
- Cuisinart TOB-195 Exact Heat Toaster Oven Broiler
Whether you are planning to have large number of people over or in a rush and need something to snack on, then you will be wise to purchase this unit. No task is too big or small for this toaster oven, whether you are warming up leftovers or baking a 12-inch pizza. This makes this large stainless steel oven a perfect replacement for your conventional one. Its convection mode will also speed up your baking considerably. It also features a commercial design and state-of-the-art touch pad controls. The side grips make it easy to carry from place to place.
- Large enough for daily cooking
- Great at preheating
- State-of-the-art touch pad controls
- Side grips
- Tray does pull out from the front
- Door handle gets hot
- Not made of stainless steal
- Panasonic PAN-NB-G110PW Flash Xpress Toaster Oven
This toaster oven has major time saving features. It speeds up your cooking by 40% when compared to a regular oven due to its dual infrared light technology. It also has a digital timer that automatically estimates the amount time needed to cook your particular meal, whether it is toast or frozen waffles. Although it is small in size, it can easily toast 4 slices of bread and bake a 9-inch pizza for you. The interior light allows you check on your cooking without have to open the toaster oven door.
- Speed up cooking by 40%
- Automatically calculates cooking time
- Takes up less space in the kitchen
- Interior light
- Poorly designed and cheaply made
- Glass may break
- Door may not close all the way
- KitchenAid KCO273SS 12″ Convection Bake Digital Countertop Oven
Looking at the price, it would be easy to think twice about purchasing this large oven. But it is also one of the most fully featured ovens that allows you to make truly delicious gourmet meals like an expert chef quickly and easily, which justifies the price. You can easily make delicious meat and fish with its distinct functions, like the Asado Roast, or evenly roast a whole chicken with the convection setting. Making pizza with the perfect crust is also a breeze with the pizza function. And after you are done, you can easily wipe its non-stick interior and have the oven looking clean again.
- Fully featured oven
- Nine distinct functions and convection mode
- Non-stick and scratch resistant interior
- Large size
- Has no insulation
- Often gets stuck on pre-heating
- Poor temperature control
- Oster TSSTTVFDDG Digital French Door Oven
This toaster oven is very spacious, as it can easily accommodate a 16-inch pizza, and is designed to make you enjoy the cooking process with ease of use and time saving features. It has stylish mini French doors that open with a single pull of one of them. Its turbo convection mode will bake your pizza and brown your chicken much faster. The dual racks allow you to cook faster too and be more flexible with your combination of dishes.
- Larger than most toaster ovens
- Stylish mini French doors
- Turbo convection mode
- Dual racks
- Cooking takes too long
- Poor temperature control
- Touch pad is not very responsive
- Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven
This is a little toaster that does big things and perfect for people who live in small apartments where space is a concern. Even a busy kitchen and students can benefit from this toaster by use it to make small meals and quick snacks that take 15 minutes or less, such as tortilla pizza, lasagna toast, bacon, and more. It has the same features as the Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven; only that this oven takes less time to heat up your food.
- Good for busy kitchens and students
- Less heating time than bigger models
- Can burn your hands or countertop
- Not very durable
- Cuisinart TOB-135 Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven Broiler
This is another large sized toaster oven meant to take the pressure off your baking and broiling needs with its specialized convention settings. It is also perfect for defrosting an entire chicken in no time. It has user friendly digital controls that can calibrate the best cooking conditions for your meal with a single button press, such as baking or broiling. Your toast will be the desired shade, with the Always Even Toast Shade mode, and your cooking will always be perfect, as the toaster has accurate heat sensors that maintain consistent levels of heat during cooking.
- Specialized baking and broiling convection functions
- User friendly digital; controls
- Always Even Toast Shade mode
- Accurate heat sensor technology
- Faulty temperature readings
- Backlight of digital diplay lights up randomly
- Starts making sounds when cooking after a few uses
- Waring Pro TCO650 Digital Convection Oven
Convection toaster ovens make the best baked food. This toaster oven, with its generous interior, will easily make those baked eggs or a mouth-watering, perfectly brown whole chicken faster than regular ovens. It is also one of the more affordable models with digital controls that allows you to toast, bake, and broil with a single button press so that you don’t have to guess the appropriate time and temperature for yourself. You can even bake a 12-inch pizza with perfect crust using its pizza function button. Its 3 rack positions allow for cooking flexibility.
- Generous interior
- Affordable model with digital controls
- Specialized pizza function
- Three rack positions
- Noisy convection fan
- Can’t set the time and temperature yourself
- Hamilton Beach 31126 Easy Reach Oven with Convection
It is nice to know that the designers of this oven had your safety and convenience in mind. It has a top that slides up for easy access and cleaning. Not only that, it is also reasonably priced, with a compact design that has an interior large enough for a 12-inch pizza and six bread slices. Food gets heated from the top and bottom while the convection fans evenly distributes heat, taking your baking to the next level.
- Slide-up top
- Reasonably priced
- Compact design with large interior
- The timer makes a lot of noise
- It gets extremely hot on the side
- The slide-up top didn’t go all the way up for others
- BLACK+DECKER TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven
One of the best sellers on Amazon, and it is easy to see why; the price is pocket friendly and the design is sleek. The unit is also easy to use and allows you to make any meal in no time with its four pre-programmed functions that easily heat, toast, broil, and bake. Its nifty 30 minute timer prevents your food from getting burnt. Its stay-on function and large window allows you to cook for however long it takes while keeping tabs on your cooking process so you can achieve perfection.
- Pocket-friendly price
- Four pre-programmed functions
- 30 minute timer with stay-on function
- Large window
- Handle can easily melt when heating food
- Can easily burn toast
- Glass can shatter
Ultimately, what determines the type of toaster oven you get, on top of style, function, and durability, are budgetary concerns. If you don’t mind going all out on your cooking needs, then the KitchenAid KCO273SS will do nicely. It has all the features you need that you won’t be getting extra oven or broiler appliances any time soon – just remember to take care of it. But if your budget constraints are a huge limitation factor in your choice of ovens, then you are probably looking for something that is functional and can last you multiple meals. In that case, the BLACK+DECKER TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven will give you bang for your buck.